Sunday, April 8, 2012

April 8, 2012. First Posting

Hello Everyone.  I know there are many people out there like me that want to be fit and healthy, but don't know where to start or how to get help.  I retired from the United States Air Force in 1995 and was in the best shape of my life.  I did this with the help of some very good friends, Kevin, Gary, Phil, and Mike.  We worked together for several years, and they were my motivation.  Kevin and I would run about 4 miles every morning, and the others and I would go to the gym in the afternoon.  From them, I learned what it felt like to be in good shape and they provided the motivation to help me keep going.  I would get up in the morning and knowing that Kevin was waiting a couple of blocks away I knew I could not just skip out on our morning run.  His presence held me accountable to my commitment.  Gary, Phil and Mike did the same with our gym visits.  Since we worked in the same area, when one headed out we all did.  You didn't just not go because you did feel like it.  Again, accountability.

That is what my blog is about.  It is about me being accountable to my dream and fitness goals.  Since I will be posting here each day, I know that I can't just blow off the workout.  As for the workout.  Tomorrow I will be starting month two of P90X.  I started about two years ago with INSANITY and competed it twice.  I have since moved to P90X.  I really like the Beachbody products, and have become a coach.  You will see banners, and references to these products in the blog.  One of the reason I like the programs is that there is an accountability factor that has not been present with other home programs I have used.  I also belong to an online message board and have great friends there with which to share the highs and lows with.  They are all great.  I hope that some of them are reading this blog.  If they are, Thanks for the support.  Getting and staying fit is not easy, but it is worth it.  I will explain why I believe this throughout the blog.  I also hope to share other items of interest concerning health and fitness issues. 

Today's accountability posting.  Today was X Stretch.  For those of you that are not familiar with P90X this is a 60 minute stretching routing.  Flexibility is something we are born with, but lose if we don't work at it.  I am not very flexible, but can see improvement over the last 30 days.  I can also tell that my balance and posture are better.  I was surprised that today was X Stretch because yesterday's workout was Yoga X.  That is 80 minutes of Yoga and Stretching.  It is an awesome workout, but I will go into that later.   Since I did Yoga yesterday, today's workout was pretty easy.  I was still loose from yesterday. 

Tomorrow I begin the Month 2 set of workout routines.  These will be different from Month 1since part of the program is based on the concept of muscle confusion.  The idea being that your body does not become accustomed to a particular workout regime.

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment