Monday, April 16, 2012

April 16, 2012 How about a three way

Today has been a pretty good day.  Today is M2W2D1 so the workout was Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps.  This is the reason for the interesting title.  You are doing a rotation of Chest, Shoulders, Triceps.   I think this is a killer workout because you work triceps a bunch. Unless I am doing my pushups really wrong you use the triceps there as well as your chest. I have found that I cannot do as many pushups during this workout than I could when we just did chest and back. I could be wrong. I am amazed at the amount of work you get from using such small weights. WOW. Did ARX as well, and I really tried to improve over each exercise, which I was able to do. Trying to dig a little deeper each day.
This is an interesting workout because although it is a resistance workout the wieght is not very heavy.  The max I use right now is 20 lbs and I use my 10's quite a bit.  There are two exercises that I only us 5 pound dumbbells.  Trust me you still get a good burn, and can really feel it.  This is one of those workouts where you can feel that you are working hours after, even though you may not be sore or tired.

Here are today's numbers:

Time: 60 minutes
Calories: 799
MHR: 230 (not sure this is right but I did a pulse check and early in the workout, it was beating pretty quick) It did slow down as the workout progressed.
AHR: 146

Hope everyone has a great week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment