Thursday, April 12, 2012

April 12, 2012. Downward Dog Anyone

As you can tell from the title, today's workout was Yoga.  Yoga is a great mixture of stretching and balance.  Yoga is something that it seems like people either like or don't like.  I have learned that it is possible to learn to like Yoga.  The biggest issue with this routine is that it is designed as a 90 minute workout.  I can see where people may not want to spend that much time.  There is; however, a point in the middle where Tony excuses people if they do not want to continue.  I used to stop at that point, but over the last few workouts, I have been doing the whole thing.  I am happy that I am.  I don't have a great deal of balance anymore, and I  have become much stiffer (like most people as they get older).  Your muscles get tight and loose their elasticity if they are not kept in shape.  My suggestion is that everyone begin Yoga or some other good stretching routine at an early age and keep it up.  When I say early age, I am suggesting about 18 or so.  I am not a doctor, so my advice is based only on me knowing how inflexible I have become over the years.  I am starting to like the workout because I am seeing improvement in both my flexibility, and my balance.  These are both things that are easily noticed.  Now, make no mistake, this is a workout.  I used my Heart Rate Monitor today for the first time in Yoga, and found that I burned over 750 calories.  That is quite the burn for something that has no weights and no cardio.

Remember that the more flexible you are the less prone to injury you are as well.

Hope you have a awesome day.

Bring it, but Don't Bring It Weak.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment